Sometimes you might have a need to lose a lot of weight quickly. Although doctors usually advise against it, it’s actually possible to lose half a stone in a week – without even resorting to unhealthy starvation diets. Losing weight is simply a matter of burning more calories than you consume. By adding plenty of exercise to your daily routine and making smart food choices, losing half a stone in a week is not outside the realm of possibilities.
Daily Weight Loss
To lose a half a stone in a week, it will be necessary to have a daily deficit of approximately 3,500 calories each day. If you can do that each day for a week, mathematically you should be able to lose a total of a half a stone. Although it might sound like a lot, it’s actually easier to accomplish than you might think.
In order to burn 3,500 more calories each day than what you are consuming, it can be helpful to learn how many calories are required for your average daily activities. The number of calories required will vary according to your current body weight. For example, if you currently weigh 14 stone, you’ll burn 480 calories if you sleep for 6 hours. However, if you run at a moderately fast rate for 1 hour, you can burn over 1,000 calories in a single hour. By carefully watching the calories you consume as compared to the calories you are expending through exercise and your normal daily activities, it can be possible to burn 3,500 more calories each day than what you consume.
Keeping Track of Calories
Any time you are trying to lose weight, it can be helpful to keep track of how many calories you are consuming each day as well as how many you are burning. However, if you are trying to lose weight quickly, this activity becomes even more important. The first step should be finding a good activity calorie calculator online or in a book. Then look up how many calories you burn doing your normal activities and exercises. Once you know how many calories you normally burn, figure out a low calorie diet that will result in a deficit of 3,500 calories each day. For most people, this will mean no more than 1,000 calories each day, unless you are extremely active. Once you understand the mathematics of what you are trying to accomplish, losing a half a stone in a week definitely becomes more doable.
Weight loss phrases used by visitors to find this page page:
- lose half a stone in a week
- how to lose half a stone in a week
- how to lose half a stone quickly
- how to loose half a stone in a week
- lose half a stone fast
- quickest way to lose a stone
- how to lose a stone in a week
- HOW MANY CALORIES DAILY TO LOSE HALF A STONE IN A WEEK
- loose a half stone in a week
- loose a stone in a week
- loose half a stone in 2 weeks
- loose half a stone in a week
- best way to lose half a stone in a week
- lose stone and half in 10 weeks
- need to loose half a stone in a week
- qiuck a easy way to lost half a stone
- quick way to loose a stone
- tips on how to lose half a stone
- whats the best way for a man to lose half a stone in 3 weeks