When you’re trying to lose weight, one of the best things you can do for yourself is eat plenty of green vegetables. Why is that? Why are green vegetables so helpful with weight loss? There are a few good reasons.
Green vegetables are filling
The last thing you want to do is feel hungry all day while you’re dieting – and in fact, eating too little can cause your metabolism to slow down, making it even harder to lose weight. Eating plenty of green vegetables keeps you feeling full and satisfied all day, but they contain very few calories so you aren’t overdoing it calorie-wise. Eating them frequently keeps your metabolism going strong, so you lose more weight.
Green vegetables are loaded with fiber
Fiber does wonders for our bodies, and it helps a great deal with weight loss too. First, fiber helps slow down the rate at which sugars are absorbed into the bloodstream, which reduces the impact on blood glucose levels. When your blood sugar stays stable and even, you avoid the highs and lows which contribute to cravings and weight gain. Fiber also helps your entire digestive system to work more efficiently, moving waste through and out, and “cleaning” the whole system out, so to speak.
Green vegetables have an alkalizing effect on the body
Finally, green vegetables promote alkalinity in the body, which is very important for weight loss and general health. When your body becomes too acidic, you start retaining water and gaining weight – along with the likelihood of developing all kinds of health problems. Unfortunately, much of the typical modern diet is composed of acid-forming foods: meat, dairy products, grains, coffee, soda, sugar, flour. Your body does need SOME acid-forming foods, but if you eat nothing but those you will quickly experience problems.
Green vegetables have an alkalizing effect on the body, which reduces your level of acidity. The result? Weight loss, improved health, and greater well-being. Try to include some green vegetables with every meal, and you’ll feel the difference within a day or two. Other colored vegetables are also alkalizing, such as sweet potatoes, yams, tomatoes, cucumbers, potatoes, cauliflower and cabbage.
No matter how you look at it, green vegetables do wonderful things for your body, whether you’re trying to lose weight or not.
If you find that you’re struggling to eat enough of them because you don’t like the taste, try adding them to other dishes. Mix chopped spinach into sauces. Add more lettuce to sandwiches. Have chicken and vegetable stir-fry for lunch. Eat vegetable soup. You can even mix some cooked or raw vegetables into fruit smoothies and you won’t even know they are there.
However you do it, it’s worth the effort to eat more green vegetables. You’ll reap the rewards of better health and a slender, vibrant body.
Weight loss phrases used by visitors to find this page page:
- Vegetables That Help You Lose Weight
- how do vegetables aid in weight loss
- name of vegetables that will help you lose weight
- veggies that help with weight loss
- weight loss with eating green vegetables
- what green vegetables do i eat for weight loss
- what kind of green vegetable that help you lose weight fast
- why do greens help with weight loss
- why should you eat green vegetables to lose weight
- how do greens help weight loss
- how do green vegetables help lose weight
- are vegetables the best thing to eat for weight loss
- does green what vegetables help you lose weight
- eating green veggies and weightloss
- for weight loss why should you eat green vegetables
- green and white vegetables weight loss
- green vegetables that helps you lose weight
- GREENS FOR WEIGHT LOSS
- greens help you lose weight